Independent Contractor Agreement
Successfully submitting an application as a driver which is accepted, initiates an Independent Contractor Agreement made effectively from the date of submitting the Driver Application Form Between Just In Time Transportation Services and the applicant. Just In Time Transportation Services requests that the contractor perform services which require driving.
Both Parties agrees to the following terms:
- Term and Termination
This agreement will remain in effect until Just In Time Transportation Services or Contractor decide to terminate agreement. Either party has the right to terminate the agreement at any time by providing the other party with written notice if the one of the parties breach the agreement. A written notice must be received by the other party within 5 days either via email or in person. After notice has been received the parties can cease the contractor agreement.
- Contractor Services
The contractor shall provide the necessary qualifications to perform the services. The contractor will be required to have a 4 points or less on driving record and where necessary take a urine drug screen.
The contractor is required to responsibly operate Just In Time Transportation Services owned vehicles to provide needed transportation. All contractors are required to maintain accurate documentation of trips logged into the system and also work hours.
Contractor will be required to keep Just In Time Transportation Services vehicle in great operable and clean condition and notify Just In Time Transportation Services of any problems, maintenance requirements and /or repairs immediately as possible.
Just In Time Transportation Services will be responsible for all maintenance or repairs that are due to ordinary daily use.
Contractor will be responsible for any repairs caused by abuse or malicious actions or irresponsibility on contractor part and responsible for failure to communicate any discovered faults with the vehicle without reporting.
The contractor must notify Just In Time Transportation Services of anytime off or call off 4 hours prior to your shift due to missing a shift and not calling in an adequate amount of time will adversely affect the availability of the contract. Please if you need you to be off for a long period of time please let Just In Time Transportation Services know as soon as possible so the shift can be covered.
The work performed by the by contractor shall be performed at rates agreed upon not less than $11.00 per hour. All timesheets must be filled in on daily bases.
As Independent Contractors, drivers muste please understand that Just In Time Transportation Services does not withhold any benefits such as State, Federal, Local School Taxes.
- Dispatch will schedule trips based on the needs of the company and feed these trips to drivers based on their indicated availability via the system. Drivers will see these trips uploaded in their accounts on the dispatch system on daily basis. These trips can be checked on the driver’s phone. Copies may be sent in mail to drivers.
- All drivers are obligated to run every trip assigned to them by Dispatch, based on their indicated availability hours. Failure to pick-up a client without letting dispatcher know, or lateness without having a good reason will attract penalties including but not limited to non-payment for work hours for that trip and suspension in critical cases.
- All drivers are expected to notify the client over the phone 24 hours as well as 4 hours prior to picking up the client to their appointment. It is important to confirm with the client that they are not cancelling their appointment.
- The driver must notify Dispatch if any issues or concerns arise causing the driver to be late. The driver must indicate any reasons for lateness while filling in the driver manifest.
- All drivers will be required to be available to take short trips if they are on a standby within their indicated availability hours and refusal to take trips unless you have a good reason will result in penalties.
- If a client cancels when driver arrives at their destination, please notify the dispatcher ASAP.
- Please make sure all clients are given company(dispatcher) number to schedule their return trip back home once they completed their appointment.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to make sure all needed documentation and trainings are up to date.Any driver smoking, gossiping, sharing company business, or on their cell phones, except for being called by dispatcher will have consequences.
- Being non-compliant and not getting all required paperwork in or not complying with company rules, not taking drug test within 24 hours you will be suspended until all needed documentation is in. Once you start to work, you will have 48 hours to get all needed training completed and in your personnel file.
- Meeting will be held every 60 days on a Saturday to make sure all drivers are updated and aware of company changes. Your attendant at meetings are required unless you let your supervisor know in advance why you cannot attend.
DAILY/WEEKLY VEHICLE INSPECTION
- No smoking in vehicles (with or without) client being in vehicle.
- All vehicles are to be cleaned daily.
- You will be required to inspect vehicles daily.
- You must keep proof of insurance, registration, and first aid kit in vehicles.
- Please report any mechanical issues on vehicle when they start.
- Maintain daily trip logs and turn in on time.
- If a driver has any problems, concerns, or issues please contact dispatcher and if dispatcher cannot resolve the problem, they will contact the right person to get problem resolved.
Drivers you are the most important part of the company, so please let’s work together to make Just in Time the most efficient and effective Transportation Company in Franklin County.
I acknowledge and understand all policies and procedures and by signing. I am agreeing to adhere to all policies and procedures and anything I do not yet understand, I will get with the appropriate staff and get the information I need. I will also be willing to submit a drug test and alcohol screening within 24 hours once I am asked to provide one. I will make sure all my credentials are up to date and 30 days before they expire I will renew them. If I let my credentials lapse and Just in Time Transportation cannot bill for my work. I do understand that I will not be paid until my credentials are in good standing and my work can be billed.